As the year is coming to an end, I am counting my writing blessings and setting new writing goals. I am thinking, as always, about all the things I want to share with you.
Christmas presents for writers
This Christmas, give yourself or a writer you know some love:
- buy Munich Stories 2016, as paper or e-book version, either on amazon.de or amazon.com
- save your spot in the next Story Workshop to work with me in small classrooms of 6 writers between February and April 2017, if you have a story, novel/memoir chapter, or personal essay searching for a critique, and if you believe that offering an in-depth yet generous critique is just as precious as receiving one
- if you are the kind of writer who prefers working at her own pace:
- consider taking The Story Course
- check out my NEW Paypal magic page for accessing targeted workshop materials, by topic or as a package (they come with discounts), including the following FREE items:
- From Where You Dream – initiation in creative writing basics
- a 30-min 1:1 coaching session to discuss your current writing projects and goals (see also information about further sessions)
To find out what others say about working with me, go here (with very recent updates!).
Recent publications in magazines
Willow was published in Dog Ear.
silence was published in Poetry Breakfast.
To The Other Side was accepted by Flash Fiction Magazine and will be published in January.
Jen Falkner — one of my very recent Story Intensive graduates — is the co-winner of the Firewords fiction contest with her story Last Man Standing; FYI, Jen is also the editor of the historical fiction Circa Journal.
Last weekend, the multicultural group Creative-Writing-in-Munich had its very first public reading. Nine members of our group got to read their work. Many texts emerged from writing prompts and craft discussions in our workshops. The feedback was very positive and the most important thing is that we had a lot of fun doing this as a team!
We are always happy to welcome new members. Your English and German don’t need to be perfect. As long as you share our passion for writing and freedom of creative expression, you are one of us. Next year we will continue our regular meetings at Frauenforum but we also have two new goals on which we will work as a team:
- a 1-week retreat with trans-disciplinary workshops (writing with me, drama with Sarah Halliday, motion with John Oleani) in the Alps
- a Best Of Creative-Writing-in-Munich anthology 2016-2017 (graphic design by Elena Kotsiliti)
Long live our unique voices and passion for writing!