I’m excited about the publishing of the collaborative book Munich Stories 2016 by Kyfio Publishing UG. It is already available for sale here, with world-wide shipping, and will also be sold on Nov 12th at The Munich Readery, where we’ll have our book launch, starting at 7 pm.
This was an exciting four-week project and a great team effort. Six writers — including myself and six illustrators — worked in pairs from mid September to mid October and produced 48 illustrated short stories, from initial idea to final concept. That’s two stories per week!
Here are the six teams that contributed to Munich Stories 2016:
- Nina Rye (Writer) & Masha Baur (Visual Artist)
- Steve Toase (Writer) & Hazel Ang (Visual Artist)
- Sabine Magnet (Writer) & Jaqueline cuts (Visual Artist)
- Lynn Hardaker (Writer) & Elizabeth Hughes (Visual Artist)
- Petra Winter (Writer) & Natalia Zurakowska (Visual Artist)
- Diana Radovan (Writer) & Pung Worathiti Manosroi (Visual Artist)
At the launch, we’ll have readings, projections of the illustrations, and live music. About half of the contributing artists will be there in person. All of us have a connection to Munich but not all of us are currently living in Munich. In any case, we’ll read stories from all contributing writers, as we want every single voice to be heard.
The project, curated by Emmy Anne Horstkamp from Munich Artists, is based on an idea by Masha Baur and Nina Rye. Next year Emmy will expand the Munich Stories project and we will invite more creatives to join in.
With writerly love,